Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Doug King Memorial Homebrew Competition organized by Maltose Falcons Homebrewing Society, 22836 Ventura Blvd #2 Woodland Hills, CA 91364.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered.
10 entries have been added to the system as of 4:15 AM, Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
To add your entries into the system, please proceed through the registration process or log in if you already have an account.
1. The Maltose Falcons DKM is an BJCP-sanctioned homebrew competition open to all homebrewers.
2. An entry is a set of two (2) bottles from a single batch of beer, or mead. The bottles must be made of clear, green or brown glass, and be free from labels, excessive dirt and identifying marks. All bottles must be filled within an inch and a half of the top, and be capped with a metal crown cap. The caps must be plain colored, or be completely blacked out with a black permanent marker. Swing-type caps are not permitted. All bottles must be between 10 and 16 ounces in volume, with the exception of mead, which may be submitted in bottles as small as 6 ounces. An entry that excessively gushes from more than one bottle may be disqualified at the judges' discretion.
3. For DKM only, Entries may be submitted in any unmarked vessel (including keg,growler, pet bottle etc,) capable of providing enough beer for 3 rounds of judging.
4. An entry may not be brewed, fermented or bottled using commercial equipment.
5. An entrant is the one or more people submitting an entry. Member(s) of an entrant must have actively contributed to brewing, fermenting, and bottling an entry. Every member must be at least 21 years of age. An entrant may not be an entire brew club. Competition staff, judges and stewards are permitted to be entrants. Professional Brewers are permitted to be entrants as long as the entry was not brewed on commercial equipment
6. The official style guidelines for this competition are the 2015 Maltose Falcons Style Guidelines These guidelines can be found on the Maltose Falcons website at http://www.maltosefalcons.com/. Every entry must be declared a particular category and subcategory according to these guidelines. Under no circumstances will competition organizers, staff, or judges categorize entries.
7. Only entries that fall under lager, specialty categories will be accepted for this competition (Classes 1,2,9,10,14,15,24,25,26,29,30,31)
8. Special category Class 40.1 - Session Challenge. These are beers with an OG less than 1.040.
9. Special category Class 40.2 - Imperial Anything. The requirement for the class is that the beer must have an OG of 1.080 or above. Base "Inspiration" class should be provided to allow accurate and fair judging.
10. No member of an entrant may submit another entry of the same subcategory, whether as an individual entrant, a member of the same entrant, or a member of another entrant.
11. Every entry must be submitted with a bottle identification label attached to each bottle with a rubber band. Using glue or tape to secure the labels to the bottles will disqualify an entry. Bottle labels for a single entry must have the same information on both bottles.
12. The entry form must list the following information for entries in the categories specified:
o For class 24 Specialty Beer - Fruit/Vegetable and Herb/Spiced : The entrant must specify the underlying beer style as well as the type of fruits/vegetables/herbs/spices used. For more accurate judging the user should specify the underlying classic style used for the brew.
o For class 25 Specialty Beer - Experimental, Historical, & Other : The entrant must specify the underlying beer style as well as the special ingredients/processes used and any additional information necessary to accurately describe the entrant's intent with a historical beer.
o For class 26 Specialty Beer - Smoked and Wood Aged : The entrant must specify the underlying beer style as well as the special ingredients/processes used and any additional information necessary to accurately describe the entrant's intent.
o For entries in class 40.1 Session Challange : The brewer must provide the base "inspiration" style.
o For entries in class 40.2 Imperial Anything: The brewer must provide the base "inspiration" style.
o For entries in class 31 English/Irish/Scottish: The brewer must provide the base "inspiration" style and any special ingredients.
13. Entries must be registered online via the competition web site at http://competitions.maltosefalcons.com/. Online registration eliminates the need to fill out a paper entry form and will automatically generate bottle identification labels. Email confirmation will be provided as well. In case the entrant is unable to print the custom labels, it is acceptable for the brewer to make individual slips with the same information, including the registration number for the entry.
14. The entry fee is $9.00 for each entry. All Entries must be paid on-line via credit card or PayPal.
15. A panel of at least two judges will judge each entry according to the category in which it was entered. No judge will be assigned to a category for which they are entrants. First, second, and third prizes may be awarded in each category at the judge's discretion. Classes will NOT be collapsed with other classes for judging purposes. If a subcategory is deemed sufficiently large by the organizers, it may be promoted to being a separate class. All contestants will receive the score sheets with judges' comments for their entries.
16. Entries will be accepted at the drop off sites from Dec 19, 2016 thru COB Jan 13, 2017
17. All entries become the property of the Maltose Falcons and will not be returned. Any questions or disputes will be settled by the competition organizers, and all decisions are final.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.